Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Atonement and an Onion Volcano

Today was a great day.  I did the four things I like the most: wrote, read, ate, and drank.  I also waited most of the day to brush my teeth, and spent some time cuddling kitty cats.

The writing today turned out to be an undertaking!  I got up, made myself my tea, and sat down to write a review of the book I just finished, Ian McEwan's Atonement.  Turned out I had a LOT to say about it.  I'd really like you to read it: you can find that blog here.

Matilda's all like, "Eating WHICH animals?"

The reading took the form of some random internet dicking around at first, and then I started to read Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer.  So far it's not much I don't know, but I've spent  many years worrying over the ethical questions surrounding food.  In any case, it's good to revisit the moral quandaries of eating.  Someday, when I'm a better person, I'll stop eating sausages and such.

Cherry tomatoes, butter, garlic, salt, pepper, parmesan, hot pepper flakes.

Speaking of eating, that took the form of a lunch that used up some leftover pasta and cherry tomatoes that were beginning to fade, plus some leftover trailer provisions -- not bad at all.  But the exciting part was dinner: we had a coupon to Nakama for our anniversary (which was technically on the 8th, but the coupon was good all month).  Mmm, shrimp hibachi.  Who doesn't like dinner and a show?  At least during the week -- Friday and Saturday that place turns into fucking Bros 'n' Hos 'R' Us.

HIBACHI ONION VOLCANO.

Now I'm at home, drinking wine.  Day: complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment